Texperts and the Knowledge Generation Bureau
Startup, Acquisition, International Expansion
In 2008, I joined the software engineering team at Texperts, the first company to apply a microwork platform to answering questions via SMS. Later that year, we were acquired by the Knowledge Generation Bureau.
As a part-time developer (I was also leading the World University Project during this period), I took on a wide range of technical projects:
- Performance testing and instrumentation
- Requirements gathering and designs for a social research collaboration system
- An integrated portal system for our component applications
- A multiroom chat UI
- Internationalisation and localisation
- UI concepts (being reviewed for patent applications last time I checked)
- Our Super Bowl Ad (2010)
I also served as our liaison with academics on some of our long-term research projects.